Photos are the first thing a renter sees when browsing through homes or apartments for rent and can be the difference between their wanting to know more or not. You don’t need to be a professional photographer to take great photos, but by keeping these tips in mind you can bring out the best in your property.
- Focus on a single key feature to draw the viewer’s eye to in each shot.
- Use wider shots to set the scene and give the viewer context for what they’re seeing.
- Take several photos of the same room from different angles.
- Use as much natural light as you can, but be sure to not let direct sunlight wash out your photo.
- Use your camera’s gridlines to improve the balance of your composition.
- Clean and tidy up each space before taking photos.
- Use editing features sparingly to avoid misrepresentation.
Amplo Lettings also try to film a FULL video of the entire property. It helps tenants view the property without even leaving their home! It’s also a great opportunity to talk about the property if it has undergone any refurbishment.
We strongly recommend advertising your property on sites such as spareroom, gumtree, openrent and of course – your website!